Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fresh Baked Goods

Nothing in the world smells as wonderful as the scene of fresh baked goods wafting from a kitchen. The scent of bread baking in the kitchen is what makes me think this, it is one of the most wonderful scents imaginable and makes it hard to wait for the bread to cool before slicing it.

In fact, I always had to make more than one loaf of bread when I made it for my mom, because she hated to have to wait for it to cool to slicing temperature, so I made one loaf for cutting as soon as it came out of the oven, and a second loaf that could be let cool properly so that we had bread for toast and sandwiches.

I want to move things around in the kitchen, get it organized for baking once again so I can start making our breads and cookies and stuff. It has been far too long, many many years in fact, since I did serious baking, and I know it would be a wonderful stress reliever for me.

0 comments: