Sunday, February 07, 2010

Getting fit with The Biggest Loser game for Wii

Got up this morning, well... dogs woke me up at 2:30 in the morning, and decided to kickstart the day with some exercises. I got my Blockbuster account still, they had already mailed me the Wii game The Biggest Loser, which I want to check out, so I have not yet canceled the account since the game had already got mailed before I realized they charged me an additional $7.99 a month for the games.

So anyway, I kicked off today by starting a month long exercise program with that game. Day one went good, kept up with the exercises well enough to get a 4 out of 5 ranking on performance. I'll know by the time I am ready to mail the game back if I want to buy my own copy, but so far I am impressed by the workout and how well it matches my ability level. I've found that many of the beginner fitness deals are more in line with intermediate levels. I'm reasonably flexible and have a good level of endurance for a couch potato, but I have found too many beginner level exercise videos that tell the beginner to get into a pushup stance and start hopping their legs forward and back. Or expect someone that has not done a crunch in ages to start out with 10 crunches.

The Biggest Loser game has easy to do exercises that were good enough to get my heart rate up in a 20 minute routine, but were not past my skills and left me wanting to exercise more rather than grateful that it was over.


0 comments: