Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stress reducers

Well, it is official, applique work really can help to fend off the stress. Woke up this morning stressed and the first thing I grabbed was my little throw pillow cover I am appliqueing. After maybe thirty minutes working on it I had calmed down somewhat and rather than grab the nearest box of candy bars I instead got myself a diet drink and settled down.

I wonder if I made a diet pill comparison if I might find one that in addition to suppressing the appetite helped in counteracting sudden onsets of stress? I don't know just how the things would work, but it seems like stress has to be associated with some kind of chemical release that causes the stressful sensations in the body, right? And if so, could that be successfully blocked with a pill when it is taken when stress starts? I suppose would need something faster reacting though, like a pump spray deal you spay under the tongue when stress hits. Huh?

I don't know. For me, right now, I think the best stress reducer might be applique work, and I can't do that and eat a Hershey bar at the same time.

0 comments: