Saturday, October 09, 2010

Lousy week, but had its good parts too

It has been a busy week for me, I've been across the Vally several times, my car broke down about 40 miles from home with no headlights on it, and I had to leave it overnight then go get it. Right now, to make my headlights work, I have to twist a switch my brother installed using a engine cutoff switch for a race car and a cord off of an old lamp. They are stuck in low-beam only and are aimed funny (I think someone hit my car's driver's fender and took off, cause the driver's side outer headlight is all out of whack.

Anyway, it all culminated in my not getting my dad's Alaska State Dividend the other day, money I was counting on to help me pay some bills and catch some things up, so now I am scrabbling for how to get everything done and hoping I don't drop any of the bills I had already precariously balanced in anticipation of getting the money from the dividends this month.

As for what was good about the past week. Well, I took a course by Alaska Housing on how to try to get a home mortgage as part of my efforts to save my parent's house, and that went really good and gave me a lot of good information to work with. I had also talked to the people that have the reverse mortgage and they are sounding like they're going to be able to work with me on it, and I spoke to the people at another mortgage company who are sounding promising on they might be able to help me out.

So, it is all sounding hopeful, and my hunt for full-time employment might be close to an end, I have a sit down talk with someone on Friday, and if that works out how I am hoping it will, then I might just have a job outside of my home based job.

Now I just have to get to work on getting the taxes I had deferred last April made out and taken care of. :::pounds head on desk:::

0 comments: