Saturday, November 05, 2011

Flu Knockout

It has been a nasty start to the winter for me. A few weeks ago I caught the flu from one of my nephews and spent the next two weeks in misery, it has been slow (nearly a week long process) but I am starting to finally get over it. It has not helped that I've been out of fuel a lot during that time and unable to afford more, so have had to stay up with the fireplace keeping the house warm with it.

An open old fashioned front Franklin fireplace is nice to sit in front of and enjoy a low burning fire, but it really does not do much in the way of heating a house. And it is not the kind of fireplace that you can just damper down and leave all on its own while you go sleep.

It has all made for a long cold miserable flu season for me as I try to battle the flu with very little sleep and a knowledge that I don't have to just buck-up and not be sick. When I took care of my parents I had a bit of a mind over matter deal where I knew that I could not be sick because I had to be able to take care of them. My immune system would pretty much kick anything's butt, now I just have myself most of the time, so the brain knew it should have been able to rest through being sick and did not give that 'mind over matter' kick to my system.

0 comments: