Monday, November 27, 2006

Do I or don't I?

I notice that Blogger has updated their system things, and this time when I tried to get to the dashboard they were a little pushy about wanting me to upgrade my blogs to be part of the new setup. I'm a little uneasy though. I've seen updates that totally mess up a system and while I trust Google, I'm still gunshy about being the first on the bandwagon for upgrades.

Heck, on my old computer I'm still running a year 2000 version of AOL Instant Messenger.

I guess I'm just opposed to change. I like things to stay how they are. Drives my friends crazy, they change their AIM buddy icons semi-regularly - it took me 5 years to change mine and then only because the computer died and I lost the picture I had been using so had to make a new one.

So I guess I'll hide back here in the older version of Blogger for a while longer, see what you all think about it, maybe sacrifice one of my lowly blogs to the new version and see how it fares, and later on peek into things and be converted.

It'll just take me a while. I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned, or it could be that little voice back there whispering something about assimilation... hmm....

0 comments: