Tuesday, November 28, 2006

::snickers self off chair:::

Okay, I went outside a little while ago and took an old thermometer with a busted arm deal and used some wire to affix it from a stick in my window. Kind of messy looking, but it lets me see the outside temperature. It just so happens to put the thermometer just beyond Harry's bed in the window - Harry being my Siamese cat.

Well.. he didn't exactly take to the idea of a one eyed floating monster staring in his window. He is now, 15 minutes later, still wandering around making low throaty growls at the thermometer and glaring Siamese death rays at it from a safe 6' to 8' away.

He had crept close to the bed earlier, hackles raised, but I made the mistake of trying to prove that the thermometer was safe by depositing him in the cat bed - he crouched low, growled low in his chest, and glared at it for a moment before heading off the bed. He has since paced around the base of my chair, out into the hall and now down into the basement and back out. All the while highly put out that the thermometer should be trying to take his bed away from him and staring at it to figure out what it is.


He is not a happy cat.

At least I know that if I ever have a bear peering in my bedroom window my guard cat will let me know it's there.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Inside it's 72 degrees F (23 C) ... outside, 10 degrees F (-14 C).

He was still growling two hours later (2 pm) and has not got back up to the window since I took the pictures. Has me seriously considering relocating the thermometer to another window.