Thursday, October 16, 2008

House painting and decor

I was in the bathroom a little while ago, just studying the partially finished walls and new lighting and everything that me and mom had been working on before she died last month. I know that I should finish it, that I should put up the rest of the trim stuff and install the replacement bathroom faucets on the sink and bathtub and get the second light put up but... I just can not seem to find the desire to work on something that me and her had been doing together.

It's like the living room. I look at the rolls of trim paper we bought several years ago and think about the fact that we were supposed to paint the front room walls this month as we cleaned things for winter and... I'm not sure I can do this all without her here. It seems... I don't know. I just keep wanting to put it off until she can help me with it, and that will never happen. So now I keep telling myself to get it done for my dad, but I'm still just not sure about working on it all without mom.

It's not that I don't have the skills. I was the labor as she picked colors and trims and all that, I just... I don't feel up to doing it without her approving everything I do as I go along.

0 comments: