Monday, November 09, 2009

Basement work on hold for winter

Okay, I have now given the basement up as a lost cause for the rest of the winter. It's not that it can't be cleaned, but OMG it is getting cold down there. Hovering about the level of freezing at the moment. I want to eventually get the basement fixed up and maybe even move the stairs to a more sensible position from the straight run directly into a corner of a heater vent that it is now.

Over the next few years I have the top floor on the list for rebuild and get painted and all that, the basement will come next. I will move my wood working things and other crafting stuff downstairs, I want to make a corner of the basement fully set up for building stuff with my router and table saw and stuff, so the best option there would be something like garage floor stuff, or maybe some kind of wood flooring that would be easy to clean up with a broom. Definitely don't want any kind of carpeting in an area where I'll be working with stuff that tosses out sawdust. That would just be asking for trouble.

Right now, though, it is too cold to work down there, so I am just going to sort of shove everything where it goes to get to the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations, and leave the basement until at the least I can get the house heater repaired so that it is not so cold down there and in the back bedrooms.

0 comments: