Monday, November 09, 2009

Working on chain saw.

I tore apart my little chain saw, the electric one that mom bought me a couple years ago. Got the chain off and am now trying to sort out the best way to bring it back to life after the folks I had loaned the saw to wore it down and let it sit where it could get some rust on it. I'm thinking if I dig out the WD-40 and douse the chain really good in WD-40 then work it until it flows right, clean it good, then drench it in bar oil and reassemble the saw it should work good. Right now I just have to find the $D-40 so I can soak the chain for a while in that. Then hunt up the chain saw sharpening kit of Dad's so that I can sharpen the blade when I get it all reassembled. Between now and then I am going to overhaul the rest of the saw.

0 comments: