Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Movies You Must See

My personal list of best Christmas movies.

White Christmas
(1954)
Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye
Who could want more for Christmas than to settle back and listen to the wonderful songs by Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in White Christmas? I love this one because it is a soldier movie at heart, so is perfect for me and my dad to watch at Christmas.

Miracle on 34th Street
(1947)
Maureen O'Hara and Edmund Gwenn
I was captivated by this movie the first time I saw it and have loved it ever since. I love the premise of Santa Clause being put on trial to determine if he is insane.

A Christmas Carol
(1938)
Reginald Owen and Gene Lockhart
An old time classic Christmas story.

Christmas in Connecticut
(1945)
Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan
What is Elizabeth Lane to do when her editor decides it is a good idea for a heroic sailor to stay at the farm home of one of the country's most famous food writers? Her columns have painted an image of a hard working farm woman who takes care of her children and cooks, not the umarried New Yorker who can't even boil an egg that she is. This is another movie that I fell in love with the first time I saw it.

0 comments: