Thursday, December 17, 2009

Job Hunting Equals Migraines

Getting a job is an insane prospect from what I have seen. With the news saying that unemployment is at roughly 10% national average and companies deciding that they are making profits with fewer employees it gets to be a target board where your resume is fighting cross currents to hit the bulls eye.

Add in all of the concerns about verifying that someone is legally able to work in the country, the question of rather to get pre-employment screening or not, and all the other factors that employers face when looking to hire workers and I am sure that it makes it a headache from both sides of the equation.

It is no wonder that everyone I know that is looking for work is getting one migraine after another no matter where they live in the country. I'm starting to really be glad that I got a chance to start my own business.

0 comments: