Monday, December 14, 2009

Nursing home murder

I was absolutely sickened yesterday when I overheard a news article on the TV about a 98 year old resident of a nursing home that is accused of placing a bag over the head of her 100 year old room mate and strangling the woman to death.

You can read the entire incident at the CNN website in their report on the nursing home incident. To me it is just sickening, because one article I had read indicated that the deceased had lived in the room with her husband before his death in 2007, then last year the second woman moved into the room. There had been an incident involving a table the deceased had complained blocked her access to the bathroom, and the accused had punched a nursing home staffer that had moved the table out of the deceased's way. The table was apparently placed back in the path the next night.

And some members of my family wonder why I refuse the thought of shoving my dad in a nursing home.

0 comments: