Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warmer Climates Call To Me

Alaska is, without a doubt, a lovely place to live and I want to live here for the rest of my life, but it also gets extremely cold in the winter time. It would be nice to enjoy the summers here, hitting the warrens of trails with my ATV in the summer, then spend the winter in warmer climates.

One of these days I am going to be a wealthy author taking off each winter for a nice warm beach house in Hawaii or maybe yearly orlando vacations where it is not -30 degrees Fahrenheit and there are no icy roads to battle my way over in a car with bad brakes.

I would love to go into town tomorrow, do some shopping, but I am not about to go out in the Caddie when it has brakes that ask if I am sure I want it to stop when I try to stop the car. Instead I am gonna have my brother run me to the store in his car, get some shopping done and see if I can pick up a few things for the holidays.

Someday, I want to spend Christmas kicked back on a warm beach or maybe take in what kind of holiday celebrations they have at Disney World or Universal. Mind you, I love the snow, but I don't like the cold. It gets to my joints more and more each year.

0 comments: