Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chocoholics and stress

I need to clean out the cabinets in the kitchen, toss everything out of the fridge and freezers and restock them all. Then I need to start doing some serious shopping in February learning how to buy things that let me create healthy stress beating alternatives to chocolate and other fattening comfort foods before I have to resort to something such as phentermine or another weight loss pill to get the weight off.

I am a firm believer in the ability to fight against cravings with the mind. I used to be a chocoholic. I convinced myself that I don't like chocolate, and, as a general rule, it works good. There is a cookie jar over there on the counter that is filled with mini chocolate bars and I only ever think about having one when I am stressed.

That is the danger point. Stress. When I stress out I turn to the chocolate, forgetting all the 'you don't like chocolate' self reprogramming I went through to stop being a true chocoholic. I guess, like an alcoholic passing a bar, I just have to find some way to not pop open the chocolate frosting when stress gets to me.

0 comments: