Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Diet Resolution Fail

With how fast the new year has leapt ahead it is starting to look like my diet resolution has hit yet another year of failure. The easy thing to do would be to give up on it and promise myself that 2011 will be the year I keep the diet resolution and loose the added weight. I refuse to think that way, however, because if I let myself give in to the stress and just forget the dieting for another year, then I will do it next year and the next. It will always be what is easier than keeping track of what I am eating or avoiding the sweets or staring at aisles that are filled with what the labels all insist are the best weight loss products on the market today.

I think that of all other possible resolutions the resolution to loose weight is the one most destined to failure if you are a stress eater. Stress is impossible to escape, and sweets are far too easily accessed. Added to the easy accessibility is the reality that I can not exclude items such as chocolate and snack cakes and cookies from the house when dad loves them so and has no weight issues that would prevent him from having sweets.

I can, as a general rule, evade the temptations. But when I am making a batch of made from scratch cookies or making dad some home made cordial cherries it is, of course, a necessity that I do taste tests for quality control before I send them on to him to enjoy. Right?

0 comments: