Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Applique is not looking right

I have hit a definite issue with the quilt I am making. I am about three quarters done with the first flower and have determined that I can't stand how it is shaping up. It seems too pillowy in nature. I am fighting back the temptation to start snipping at the threads and take the thing off and start over from scratch.

Part of me says "DO IT! Anything worth doing is worth doing right!" and another part of me says "It shouldn't be too perfect, just leave it." It leaves me very torn up on what to do. On the one hand I want the quilt to be perfect because I want to sell it when it is finished, and yet, on the other hand, it is a hand made quilt, so a bit of imperfection adds to the character of it - right?

I'm so torn on what to do. Think I will leave it alone for now, keep working on it, and if the perfectionist in me makes the rest of it perfect I will go back and tear this first flower out and fix it. If it ends up the rest is appropriately flawed as well, then I will leave the flower as it is and be glad that I had not torn it out at this point. Now i just have to convince myself that leaving it for now really is the best option.

0 comments: