Sunday, March 07, 2010

Plotting on a master bath

My brother and I were talking about setting up a master bath for my dad in his bedroom. We were looking at the possibility of rebuilding the closet area to turn it into a walk-in shower stall, with a toilet and maybe shaving area out in a entry room area to the closet area.

I've been thinking more on it and am contemplating if a small room off the back of the house might be a better plan. Expand dad's room out the back side of the house by the size of a small master bath with the shower and everything designed into the extension area.

I've been looking over assorted walk-in tubs and showers with seating and vanities and American Standard toilets and heater options and and and... ::passes out::

Yeah, I think I am liking the idea, but the research is making my head spin. I do know two things, though. It has to be done right, and it has to be fully handicap friendly for my dad.

0 comments: