Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm feeling a bit more than my age

Did you ever have one of those weeks where you are expecting to get a tension headache at any moment, but for some unexplainable reason you have not got it yet? The kind of week that you just know is building toward one doozy of a stress headache. Yeah, I've been having a fun week of guessing when the headache will arrive.

I suppose the good points have outweighed the bad ones this week, which has gone by amazingly fast, but still, I have to wonder just why I have not been reduced to a huddled mass on the end of the sofa waiting for the aspirin to kick in. Nothing really specific, just a series of small things that I suppose are routine enough by now I just don't pay much attention to them anymore.

I suppose it is a sign of old age settling in. Time to go buy some prevera for the wrinkles and adjust my dad's spare cane to my height (which does not work since I am over a foot shorter than he is). Yeah, I know, a bit early for such things, but sometimes I feel like I have to be twice my age.

I guess that's why I got my exercise machine where I can hop onto it for a few minutes at a time throughout the day - stave off the aches and pains of old age by burying them under the aches and pains of muscles that my body had not known it had. Right now I will be happy if I can just wake up the rest of the way. I'm better than half asleep, but just awake enough that I don't feel like going back to bed for a few minutes.

I'm definitely too old for staying up all night long anymore. That alone will age a person.

0 comments: