Thursday, May 20, 2010

Planting the garden slowly

It is a lovely sunny day here in Alaska, which makes me eager to get outside and start working on getting the planter boxes built for the garden area. I'm running late on that, but the seeds I had started are growing a bit slow, so they are just now getting to the size to replant, and I won't be able to get more stuff from the greenhouses until after June 1st anyway, so I guess I'm not that bad on my timing.

I'll be ready next year, though. I'm determined to be. Get the planter beds all planted at a good wheelchair height for my dad this spring, then have them ready for next spring by the time the snows fall. I'm going to set each of them up as their own little greenhouse even, so that next year the seedlings can be planted directly into where they will be growing all year.

0 comments: