Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gardening Weekend

This weekend is going to be spent gardening. The first half of the summer months has sped past without pause, leaving me with barely any time to get out there and work in the garden. As I write this the pond system has not yet been cleaned for the year, the grass is overgrown and seedlings planted months ago are struggling to survive in the porch greenhouse.

I am going to get out to the garden and start work on clearing out around the ponds so that they can be filled with water and the fountain pumps installed in time for Dad's birthday party. The pond plants need to be weeded around, and the filter system cleaned out, but I should be able to have the ponds ready for Dad's birthday in a few days.

I'm not sure how many people actually plan to attend the party, but I have made the party known, and invited everyone from here to Georgia to it.

0 comments: