Monday, July 19, 2010

Part time quilting project

I started working on a project that I can keep with me and work on a little at a time here and there. I'm making small quilt blocks that are a fully self contained mini quilt, then I will sew them all together after they are finished so that they make up a full size quilt. It is basically just a way to let me relax for a few seconds at a time here and there throughout the day. I can sew when I am waiting in a doctor's office, or even get in a few stitches as I am waiting for a website to load or a program to open on the computer.

I take two pieces of fabric and a section of batting. Lay the batting down, then place the fabric, top sides together, on the batting and sew all around the edges. I leave a small area to turn it right side out and whip-stitch the opening closed.

The completed quilt sections are all tossed together into a case in the sewing room and will eventually be taken out and arranged to make a quilt when I have enough to complete a quilt with.

I like it because I can keep everything I need in a small bag in my purse or coat pocket.

0 comments: