Saturday, September 25, 2010

Investing for the future

So, there is a lot of talk about investing for the future, but how many people actually manage to make investments toward their future?

I want to get into a situation where I can buy gold as an investment, but I am not about to delude myself into thinking I will be able to afford it any time soon, so, what else is there?

I got into online trading in the stock market earlier this year. It's a scary thing, to buy into the stock market, but rather than risk things on unknowns, I tried to stick with companies that I am fairly sure will still be here in 20 years when I am ready to start pulling my investments back out.

One of the most confusing for me were the IRA Accounts. I knew that I had to have some kind of retirement but I was not sure just how those were different from other accounts. That is where a good Online Broker comes in handy.

I went with a different online broker from Firstrade, but that was only because when I had the money to jump into online investing there was another online broker that had a good deal going. You should definitely do lots of your own homework on what broker will suit your needs best and compare what you get with whatever Online Trading firm you decide to work with.

Established in 1985, Firstrade Securities Inc. is an online brokerage firm located in Flushing, NY. Firstrade customers trade in stocks, options, mutual funds, ETFs and fixed incomes.

0 comments: