Friday, October 22, 2010

Healthy Living

I have started being more aware of what I am eating and taking as far as vitamins and medications are concerned. There was always an unease to the thought of taking things with ingredients I could not even begin to pronounce, much less comprehend what the things were, so it is fairly easy for me to avoid weird things in my diet now.

While I know that they are the preferred choice for many people, I dislike even the natural weight loss pills and stuff, such as natural diuretics, so I prefer to just eat a healthy and well balanced diet and avoid things that are going to cause me problems later on. Such as excessive amounts of sugar, or salt, or processed meat products like hot dogs and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love hot dogs, but I have marked them as one of the things, the "mystery products" that I am going to avoid simply because if I don't know what is in it, I probably should not eat it. Maybe I should create my own type of hot dog to toss on the bar-b-que in the summer. Hmmm. I'll have to ponder that over the winter months.

0 comments: