Monday, October 11, 2010

Winter looms nearer

I woke up well before my alarm clock went off this morning. Not sure what it was that woke me up, probably the dog getting on the bed or something. After a few minutes of trying, and failing, to get back to sleep I gave up and got up to let the dogs out for a bit.

The grass crunched under my feet. Frozen solid and brittle. There was just enough of a sheen on the porch that I was extra careful not to slip as I crossed it, and Bear's water dish was frozen over.

It looks to be shaping up to be a cold muggy day out there, which means I might not get the work I had wanted to do on the dog run done today. We will see how it goes. Lots of stuff to keep me busy inside, but I really wanted to dedicate today to working on the fence for the dog yard.

0 comments: