Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Agrivating day

It is one of those days when everything seems to be ready to explode. You know the kind of day I mean? I sit here studying the wall looking for the best place I can pound my head against it at, and just totally frustrated with how shitty things are going.

To top it all off the tax place that has been saying "we'll file for free for you!" all over TV told me that to help me with the taxes it would cost $85 (and since I have two that would be over $160 to get my taxes filed). :::shaking head and pounding it on the wall.

Thankfully I have been doing my own taxes for ... well, always, and know how to do them. So it was just a convenience to me in "maybe I can drop them off there and get them done inexpensively?" I was thinking max $50 each, and was really thinking in terms of hopefully $50 for the second one and the first one being free as they say all over the TV. HA! Makes me yearn for their stupid commercials that hide behind loopholes to be replaced by things for lawsuit lawyers.

So, I guess this weekend is going to be spent making out and filing tax returns. Oh JOY! Just what I want to do with my days off. Someday I want to get back to the point that I can just relax and read a book and not worry every single day about bills and paperwork and getting work taken care of and all the other things that have to be dealt with in any given month, week and day.

So far it seems like every time I think I will have a day off that I can just relax and do things I want to do, I end up finding out I have a million and twenty other things that have to be taken care of. So frustrating. And I am feeling like I am sliding backward down an icy slope with a lake behind me and a "Thin Ice" sign slowly breaking through the ice on the surface.

0 comments: