Wednesday, February 02, 2011

New Quilt in the Works

I am working on a new quilt that will be for sale at Sew Unique in Wasilla Alaska when it is finished.

This is the quilt in the early stages of cutting out and sewing together the blocks. You can see some of the finished 6"x6" blocks stacked above where I am working.

 I had a selection of assorted quilt fabrics in floral and paisley prints that I decided to use up in making a quilt. I'm still not certain what the finished quilt will look like, but I am liking the looks of the blocks so far.

I'm in the process right now of sewing the pieces together and ironing the seams, then sewing and then ironing... on and on over and over. Will end up at this point with 48 assorted blocks that I will then work with to decide on what I want the finished quilt to look like.

0 comments: