Friday, February 18, 2011

Too much to move easily

I think if I were to move out of Alaska, I would have to make a few trips to do it properly. There is just so much that would need to go along with me I think. Thankfully the large sized items are a bit restricted in how many of them there are. I would not mind keeping the bed I am sleeping on, but could if I really HAD to, replace it. Other things are not so easily replaced. I would definitely want to keep my Mom's antique dresser and my antique vanity, as well as my parent's non-matching antique nightstands.

The only other large size furniture that I am attached to are the sofa and sitting chairs, but I am not sure how I would manage to get them moved out of the State. If I can't take them out I definitely want to find similar items down south, no way could I go with a contemporary sofa and living room set. I'm too old fashioned at heart for that. I like my curved wood lines and plushly stuffed back and cushions. The trouble is that it is a lot of added weight and bulk in a move, so I would end up storing things like that for a future trip down the highway. My first run would have to be fairly light and low on the expenses so I have some money to live on on the other end of the line. Even the least expensive trip down the highway would run in the couple of thousand dollar range.

I'm still hoping that I will pull off a miracle and be able to keep the house here in Alaska, though. That is my best case scenario, since this is where I want to live out the rest of my life - in this house.

0 comments: