Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finding the time to do things

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She would have been 77. I had gone to town on Friday to buy food and picked up some large portabella mushrooms to make one of mom's favorite dinners - stuffed portabella mushrooms. I ended up stressed out and awake all night working on some things, then after a quick nap finished the stuff off and had to run it into town. Stopped by my phone company to pay part of the bill and make arrangements to catch up the remainder by the middle of next week.

By the time I made it back home I was exhausted and just wanted to crawl into my bed and nap for a few hours before I had to get up and get to work sewing on an antique leather jacket I need to have repaired by Monday. So... bed won. Unfortunately it abducted me as well and by the time I woke up it was almost midnight. Got up and watched Bleach and Inuasha and a few other shows with my nephew, then collapsed back into bed around 2 in the morning.

Finally escaped the depressed exhaustion sleep about an hour ago and am back to work. I think I need to rearrange the house so that work and play and eating can all be focused around the bed while I am asleep. Tried that years ago in fact. Set up the desk in my bedroom so that the bed was behind it, so I put the monitor on a swivel on the desk. Just had to toss keyboard and mouse over the puter and spin the monitor and I could kick back on bed and finish work just before I went to sleep. It actually worked pretty good for a while, but I don't think I could give up having a home office after all this time of having that luxury.

0 comments: