Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Assassin's Creed III - no metal case

I went to Gamestop last night to pick up my copy of Assassin's Creed III for the pre-launch party and was disappointed to find out that they did not have the metal case for me. Talking to the clerk when I pre-ordered the game I had thought that, with the early pre-order at Gamestop, I would get an edition in a metal case with limited edition cover art when the game came out.

Last night, picking up the game, I was handed the standard plastic case and inquired about the metal case I had thought my edition was going to come in and was told that I would have had to have requested the metal case when I pre-ordered the game, and would have been given the case THEN, not at game release.

It really disappointed me to find out that I was now MONTHS late to ask for something I had been lead to believe would be given to me with the game on launch night. I then had to drive home in white-out conditions at almost 1 in the morning. Still, I am looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed III, but I really am disappointed that the advertising and clerk had made it seem like I got the metal case at game launch and I have spent the months since ordering it looking excitedly forward to having the nifty metal case. Only to not get one.

It would be enough to make me stop getting games at my local Gamestop if they had not done good by me earlier this month when they gave me the deck of Dishonored Tarot cards that I had been supposed to get for having pre-ordered Dishonored. They had started to not give me the Tarot deck when I went in for the game at the pre-lauch event, but then went ahead and gave me, and everyone else at the pre-launch, a deck of the cards. So, I will let this one slide, since I have no choice, but I am starting to get really unhappy at pre-ordering games for the pre-order bonus only to be told on launch pickup that I do not get the pre-order bonus item I had paid early to get.

0 comments: