Friday, August 27, 2010

Masked calls and idiots

I got a weird call today to my cell phone when I was napping. Three different times someone called me from "520-294-1233", and when I reverse looked up the number it showed up as being from the Home Depot in Tucson, AZ.

What the heck?

I don't know anyone in that state that knows that number, so no reason I should get a call from there. Certainly not from the Home Depot in Tucson. My best guess is some collection agency that called and masked their number. Why do I think that?

A few hours later I got a call from "866-310-3882". There was a brief computer voice that said something I did not catch, then someone came on and asked for "Matt". WTF? I informed them they had a wrong number and they rushed out "Okay, this call is recorded" and hung up.

I have had the cell phone for over a year now, so why am I still getting collections calls from people looking for people that I never heard of?

0 comments: