Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Acts

I remember first hearing about people doing random acts of kindness back in the mid 80's. Minor little things, like paying for a free coffee for the person behind you at the fast food drive thru, or giving a complete stranger a flower to see them smile. I suppose the Moonies at the Los Angeles airport in the 70's would be the first time I had seen the flower giveaway, but you get the idea.

Simple things that anyone can do that make people smile. Things that brighten someone's day for a brief moment.

Then there are the Random Acts that can change a life.

From the building of orphanages in Haiti, to the joy that it brings to an elderly couple to be given new chairs and beds. I know the latter is what, as a family caregiver, made me determined that, even if I can only pledge a penny a kilometer, I am going to make a pledge for a donation to Random Acts. www.therandomact.org


0 comments: