Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Scrivener writing software for Windows

Scrivener, a writing tool that has long been available for Mac users, is making the move to a Windows version of Scrivener. It is currently in BETA release, and I have decided that I will dive back into NaNoWriMo, even if I had given up last night on participating this year. Why? Because I want to help sort out the kinks in the Windows version of Scrivener, but I do not want to put something I would scream if I lost it onto the BETA version.

So I am going to practice with a non-critical novel idea that I can work through for NaNoWriMo and toy with getting used to how Scrivener works and sending feedback on the program to the development team. I'm just going to look at it as pure fun and not work of any kind and be happy if I end up with a workable novel, but not devastated if I lose it all in a major program malfunction.

0 comments: