Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Joy of Flour Hand Prints on an Apron

Baking bread I realize that I really need to start wearing an apron when I make bread. Somehow I can never get within ten feet of the flour container without ending up with flour all over the front of my clothes. Yes, I admit it, I probably COULD manage to make bread without getting four all over me, but let's face it, it is more fun to swipe floured hands on your jeans, huh?

There is nothing like kneading bread out on a wooden bread board, flour hand prints swiped along personalized aprons that are well worn from day after day of use in baking breads and pies, cookies and cakes.

I love to bake almost as much as I love writing and bookbinding. I suppose it is the creation process that I love. In all of them you take basic ingredients and create something from them. Words into stories, paper into books and flour into bread. And all are hands-on processes where I create something lasting with my hands and my knowledge of how to write, bind books or bake.

0 comments: