Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Need to consolidate my office

As a freelance writer and amateur journalist, one of the things I go through a lot of is printed documents that pertain to one story or another. Page after page of information that I print out and sort and file away to bring back out when it is needed for one project or another.

I need to get my office organized with a file system I can easily access, document imaging software, a good scanner, a very good printer that is inexpensive for printing draft pages, and a full wall dedicated to laying out notes and documents for assembling articles.

Right now, I ping between my office, bedroom and dining room in a back and forth work pattern that leaves my work spread throughout the house, and that is not good or productive. I need to consolidate things back in the office and keep the house warm enough to keep my work in there all the time.

0 comments: